Please carefully read the information on the programme of the UPWr Doctoral School prior to filling an application for admission.
A candidate for the PhD student of the UPWr Doctoral School should contact a potential supervisor to discuss the subject and scope of the PhD dissertation.
More information about all steps of the UPWr Doctoral School admission can be found on the website.
Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences is not only a leading educational facility in Poland, but also an internationally reputable research centre. With our foreign partners, we are engaged in ground-breaking research relating to innovative technologies in production, food safety, biological and environmental medicine, clinical veterinary medicine, pre-clinical trials on animal models, climate change, sustainable farming systems, including horticulture, alternative energy sources, environmental protection methods, and global satellite-assisted observation.
The research work at UPWr is driven by a single goal - to change the world around us in harmony with the principles of peaceful coexistence and sustainable development.
The UPWr Doctoral School provides training in seven disciplines and in three fields:
1. Natural Sciences:
- Biological Sciences;
2. Agricultural Science:
- Agriculture and horticulture,
- Nutrition and food technology,
- Veterinary Science,
- Animal Science and Fisheris;
3. Engineering and Technology:
- Civil Engineering and Transport,
- Environmental Engineering, Mining and Energy.
Thanks to education provided by UPWr, each PhD student will be able to:
- formulate research questions based on scientific progress,
- engage in ground-breaking research,
- publish findings in leading journals,
- pursue interdisciplinary endeavours covering a variety of grounds,
- view research goals and findings in a social context,
- concisely formulate research proposals in agriculture, natural science, engineering and technology.