With a view to promote human resource capacities in science and engineering in the developing countries and to enhance international understanding and friendship among peoples, 30 fellowships of six months duration, starting on 2nd October 2023 are offered by UNESCO, the Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology, and Engineering at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Poland.
Facilities offered by Polish Authorities:
Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations.
Monthly allowance of 1500 PLN for BSc degree students and 2200 PLN for MSc degree students (1 USD = approximately 4,40 PLN). Thus, all living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance.
A one-time special allowance of 1500 PLN for BSc degree students or 2200 PLN for MSc to be paid upon arrival in Poland. This sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival (in accordance with the internal regulations for all students); cultural, historical and/or touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies.
Facilities offered by UNESCO:
- Air travel ticket (the most direct and economical route) to and from Krakow, Poland;
- Health insurance (up to 50,000US$ in accordance with EU requirements for Schengen visa) for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit;
- One-time special pocket allowance amounting to 120 (one hundred and twenty) US dollars.
How to apply:
- Check if the country of the candidate is among the list the 71 invited Member States to participate in the programme (Annex I)
- If the candidate complies with the conditions and terms spelled out in the announcement letter, she/he will have the opportunity to choose a maximum of 3 projects among the 30 proposed projects (candidates must provide the priority number of the projects)
- The candidate is invited to contact her/his National Commission for UNESCO and submit the requested documents to apply
- The endorsed candidates by their National Commissions should register themselves to the Fellowship e-registration system available on the page: http://www.unesco.agh.edu.pl/en/
- Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State, channeled through their National Commission by midnight (Central Europe time), 9 June 2023 to the following email addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
This programme is offered in open competition.