- School leaving certificate (legalized or given an apostille) obtained abroad entitling to study at all types of universities in the country appropriate to the education system issuing the certificate. Document should be legalized or given an apostille and translated into English or Polish language by certified translator;
- Candidate should also provide a statement that his school leaving certificate allows him to take up the first cycle studies in the country it was issued – if such a statement is not already written on the certificate;
- Document confirming competence in English language (for studies in English) at least at B2 level;
- Document confirming the candidate’s identity;
- Photo (format 45x35mm, in the left semi profile with a visible left ear, without any jewellery, bareheaded and without any dark glasses, with equal lighting on the face).
The field of study Biotechnology is focused on the preparation of qualified engineering and scientific staff in the use and application of biochemical and biophysical phenomena in processes and objects related to environmental protection. Studies in this field provide general knowledge in technical sciences and specialist knowledge on the use of microorganisms to protect the environment and remove from it contaminants present in water, sewage, soil and disposal of sewage sludge and waste.
Physics and biophysics
Good laboratory practice
Molecular biology and general genetics
Applied molecular biology
Principles of apparatus and process engineering
Cell biology and genetic engineering
Biostatistics and biometry
Basics of biotechnology
Biotechnology methods in environmental protection
Heat-flow processes in biotechnology
Methods of physical and chemical measurements
Introduction to bioinformatics
Modeling of biosystems
Animal and plant tissue cultures
The graduate is a qualified specialist in the field of analytical techniques, used for physical and chemical research and analysis of micro-pollutants (residues of pharmaceuticals, plant protection agents, etc.) of environmental samples (water, soil, sewage). It is also prepared to work in a microbiological laboratory and molecular biology in the field of hybridization, electrophoretic techniques and broadly understood microscopy (light, fluorescent, electron). The graduate is able to plan and design works related to the technology of wastewater treatment and land remediation. Has knowledge and skills in the use of plants and microorganisms in technological processes of biotechnological production and utilization of pollutants. In addition, the guardians of the specialty care for the development of the so-called soft skills in the field of communication, group work, entrepreneurship and self-presentation desired on the job market.