- Bachelor's degree diploma (together with a supplement, if applicable) or another document of completion of studies abroad, which allow to start the second cycle studies in the country it was issued. Diploma should be legalized or given an apostille and translated into Polish language by sworn (certified) translator. Candidate should also provide a statement that his diploma allows him to take up the second cycle studies in the country it was issued – if such a statement is not already written on the diploma.
- Document confirming competence in English language at level B2.
Student receives full education in basic and technical sciences necessary to work in welding technology.
Student will acquire knowledge concerning the construction and operation of the laser devices and their industrial applications.
Selected subjects of the specialisation
• Metallurgy for casting and welding processes
• Welding technologies
• Surface engineering
• Metallic, ceramic, polymeric and composite materials
• Laser and plasma based welding and surface treatment
• Quality control in welding and surface engineering
• Mechanisms of materials wear and decohesion
• Computer modelling of welding processes
• Advanced examination techniques in materials science
• Heat treatment of engineering materials
• Technologies of anticorrosion and wear prottection
• CAx methods in manufacturing and management
After completing the course, student should:
- have knowledge about the physical basics of construction and operation of laser devices,
- have theoretical knowledge in the field of interaction of focused laser beam with the matter,
- know basic methods of laser materials processing,
- be able to select the parameters and properties of laser beam for specific application and different type of laser processing method,
- have knowledge about material technologies, the principles of selection and design of engineering materials and shaping their property.