Qualification to the double diploma programme with EUV is open to candidates accepted to full-time studies at SGH to the majors within which the programme is offered from a given academic year. All double degree candidates must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of language proficiency according to the requirements of the given programme [details below].
Master Double Diploma Programme between Warsaw School of Economics and Viadrina European University has been established in 2010, and is designed for students studying on:
- International Business (degree programme in English) at SGH,
- Zarządzanie (Management – degree programme in Polish) at SGH,
- Finanse i rachunkowość (Finance and Accounting – degree programme in Polish) at SGH
- International Business Administration at EUV.
The intended period of study for the MDDP is two years (4 semesters). Double degree students will spend their first year at their "home institution", the second year at the "host institution". The language of studies at SGH is English (even at the Polish taught degree programmes: Management and Finance and Accounting). All MDDP students have to be first accepted to degree studies at SGH or EUV to be able to carry out the double diploma.
While at EUV, SGH students must successfully complete a Master’s thesis seminar of 20 ECTS at SGH and 25 ECTS at EUV. The Master thesis shall be supervised by one supervisor and co-tutored by a co-supervisor. The double degree students shall choose one supervisor from either institution, the co-supervisor has to come from the respective partner institution. The language of the Master thesis should be English. Part of Master thesis completion is the defence of the thesis. Members of the host institution are invited to attend the defence. In preparation of the thesis defence, a double degree candidate has to write a thesis summary in English. The defence will be conducted mainly in English.
Full-time students of their home university will be able to enrol in courses at the host institution enumerated in the study programme and – upon completing them – will receive a Master degree at the host institution. Degrees received at home and host institutions are separate and independent from each other. Should the student fail to complete courses at either of the institutions, it is possible to obtain a single degree at either home or host institution. Upon successful completion of the Double Degree Programme, partner institutions will award the following titles:
- SGH: Magister in Finanse i Rachunkowość (Finance and Accounting) and
- EUV: Master of Science in International Business Administration. There is a possibility of obtaining the specialisation in on of the the following study paths: Marketing and Management (M&M), Finance, Accounting, Controlling and Taxation (FACT), Finance and International Economics (FINE), Information and Operation Management.
Upon completion the Master Double Degree Programme, the student will receive two diplomas, two grade transcripts and a joint diploma supplement. Each of the institutions should issue a diploma certificate and transcript of grades for the workload completed by the student there. The diploma supplement should contain detailed information about the rules and regulations as well as MDDP credit transfer.
Requirements for SGH students wanting to study abroad at EUV:
- Students from SGH must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent before going to EUV.
- In order to receive the EUV Master’s degree, students from SGH must obtain in total at least 120 ECTS credits, either at their home university or at EUV.
- SGH students must study at EUV for at least two semesters and successfully obtain at least 60 ECTS credits. The respective study scheme in the field of study "International Business Administration" at EUV together with the study tracks is documented in the annexes to the agreement.
It has to be pointed out that the aforementioned regulations are based on the present curricula in EUV and SGH. The regulations, however, are subject to change if the curriculum changes in any of the institutions.
Requirements for EUV students wanting to study abroad at SGH:
- Students from EUV must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent prior to coming to SGH.
- In order to receive the SGH Master’s Degree, EUV students must obtain at least 120 ECTS credits, either at their home university or at SGH.
- EUV students must study at SGH for at least two semesters and successfully obtain at least 60 ECTS credits.
Candidates for the Master Double Degree Programme will be selected by their "home institution" according to selection criteria jointly defined and agreed on by SGH and EUV. Each institution will have access to all written application documents and selection reports on the procedures for MDDP. Each institution has the right to send a representative with advisory status to selection interviews of partner institution for the Master Double Degree Programme.
MDDP candidates must fulfil all admission requirements of the "host institution", including language proficiency requirements. All MDDP candidates must provide evidence of a suitable language proficiency level according to the requirements of the Common European Framework (CEF):
- SGH students:
- German B2 (or higher) and English B1 or
- German B1 (or higher) and English B2 (or higher)
- EUV students:
- English B2 (or higher),
- English B1 (or higher) and Polish B2(or higher)
Documents required from the candidates to double diploma include:
- Application form – filled in on computer not by hand [application for certain academic year is always published on DD's website during the application period]
- CV of the Applicant in the Europass format (document available at the following website http://europass.frse.org.pl/europass-cv in English – max. 1 page)
- Motivation letter (in English – max. 1 page)
- Copy of the BA diploma [if available]
- Official course transcript (issued by the Dean's Office) with grades received incl. the courses not yet finished
- Document certifying fluency in English (either SGH competence test or commercial language certificate or diploma of graduating from secondary school or studies in foreign language). The list of recognised certificates can be found on the website of double degrees
- First draft of the study programme based on the plan of studies of the double degree (preferred field of study/study path, list of academic interests, etc.)
Application procedures to apply to EUV are described on the website of the partner.